Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet White Bread & "Friendship Friday"

Good morning! This bread recipe has quickly become one of my favorites. Not only is it super easy and tastes excellent, but it is very versatile. It has a great rise & has turned out fluffy & perfect every time I've made it. The flavor is similar to that of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or Amish Sweet Bread. The dough is a great base to use for dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls/sticks or raisin & nut swirl bread. It also makes great sandwich bread, especially deli meat sandwiches. The possibilities to modify this dough are endless!

SWEET WHITE BREAD
(Makes 2 loaves)

INGREDIENTS
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
5 1/2-6 cups bread flour, depending on humidity & temp (I like King Arthur best!)
DIRECTIONS
1.In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
2.Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time (you may not need a full 6 cups). Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1-2 hours.
3.Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30mins-1hour, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes. Halfway through cooking, baste top of loaf with egg wash for a beautiful shine!

Some are some pictures of the bread I took last time I made it. SUPER YUMMY & LIGHT!



Also, one of my favorite blogs is hosting a "No Rules" Style Blog Hop today called Friendship Friday! Stop by "the hop" & make some new friends. There are no set amount of blogs you are required to follow. Simply follow the ones you would enjoy reading. THAT'S MY KIND OF BLOG HOP! Click the button below to get started!











Thanks for stopping by today! Let me know if you try the bread & how it turned it for you! ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. That does sound Yummy! I'll have to add it to my "to try" file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! White bread is very hard to stop eating, I'm pretty sure Sweet White Bread would be even worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!! That looks good. :) I'm Kristan Hardy's friend. I'm now your follower too. Love your blog!!! Here is my blog: http:http://neversleepsawink.blogspot.com . Thank you for checking mine out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoooooOooooo I have to try this, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete